Fires for recreational purposes, such as cookouts and camping, are permitted within Butler Township at any time. No permit is required.
The following conditions must be followed:
- Only clean dry wood products are to be burned, no treated or painted lumber is permitted,
- Fire size is limited to three (3) foot in diameter and two (2) foot in height,
- Fire location no closer than 25 feet from a structure or combustible material, conditions that could cause fire to spread must be removed prior to ignition,
- Fires in approved containers shall be at least 15 feet from any structure,
- Fires are not permitted within ten (10) feet of any street, public way or property line,
- All fires shall be constantly attended until extinguished, and
- An approved method of extinguishing fire shall be on site for immediate utilization. (i.e. Fire Extinguisher with minimum 4A rating, garden hose, water barrel, sand, dirt or water truck).