Yard Waste – Non-composted tree trimmings, leaves, branches, shrubs, grass clippings and other products or by-products of vegetative growth.
Butler Township Codified Ordinance §231-16 permits the burning of yard waste in accordance with the following standards:
- Burning of yard waste is permitted during the months of March, April, September, October, and November. (MASON)
- No burning is permitted upon any public street, alley or right-of-way.
- No burning is permitted to be any closer than 30 feet from the nearest building and/or 10 feet from any inhabited area, roadway, property line or utility.
- All fires must be continually watched until all ashes or burning embers are completely extinguished.
- Fires are permitted from sunup until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. All fires must be completely extinguished.
You are permitted to have a recreational fire at any time within Butler Township. Please see the for rules concerning Recreational Fires.
Violations and Penalties
Any person who violates any provision of this article shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a summary offense which is punishable by a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $600, or, in default of payment of such fine, then by imprisonment in the County Jail for a period of not more than 30 days. Each day of violation shall be considered a separate and distinct offense.