Greenwood Village Volunteer Fire Department
The Greenwood Village Volunteer Fire Department was proud to celebrated our 60th anniversary in 2008, having been establish in 1948. We are tucked away in the northwest region of the Township and are the primary response department for Butler Township’s most commercial area, including all of New Castle Road. With that in mind, our training reaches beyond medical calls, vehicle accidents, house fires and storm related problems. We train regularly on mass casualty and hazardous material incidents, in conjunction with our neighboring fire departments, to provide the highest level of protection for the public, as they go about their daily lives shopping in our stores and dining in our restaurants.
Lyndora Volunteer Fire Company History
Lyndora Volunteer Fire Company was the first motorized fire company in Butler Township. Organized in 1922, as the Lyndora Volunteer Fire Company and Relief Association, with about 60 members. It was sponsored by the Butler Township Board of Commissioners which purchased a Ford truck that was used as it’s first fire engine. At a later date an Acme fire engine was purchased, the first true fire engine. The Board of Commissioners appointed Alfred Macho as the first Fire Chief. Chief Macho was later followed by Chief Joseph Prementine and Chief John Namesnick, both appointed by the Board of Commissioners.
The Lyndora Volunteer Fire Company was reorganized in 1936 and received their first charter. During 1936 the construction of a fire station and firemen’s hall occurred and the Board of Commissioners traded in the Acme fire engine for a Diamond T fire engine. In 1954 the fire company made its own purchase of a 1954 Mack fire engine costing $16,500. The fire company was very active in the community, such as holding annual carnivals and sponsoring various other community events. The fire company sponsored an all girls drum and bugle corps for many years. This group traveled through-out the Tri-State area and won many championships and trophies for their fine work. Through-out it’s existence the fire company has replaced and/or upgraded its equipment to provide the best possible service to the community.
At the time of the merger in 2013, our primary response vehicle was engine 4, .a 1996 Pierce Pumper. This equipment is outfitted with a 1,500 gallon per minute pump, a 75D-gallon on-board water storage tank and a thermal imaging camera. Other fire company equipment includes Ladder 4, a 2001 Smeal 105 foot aerial ladder truck. This fire-fighting vehicle has a 2,000-galion per minute pump; a 300-gallon on-board water storage tank and all necessary equipment associated with a ladder truck. Our personnel transport vehicle is a former police vehicle, designated as Car 4. This vehicle in addition to transporting personnel also carries our self-contained breathing apparatuses.
The Lyndora Fire Station in located at 115 Whitestown Road.